Saturday, March 31, 2012

Punk rock

When P-roc grows up, he's going to have a punk rock band, he has informed us. Tonight at the dinner table, he sang us some of his songs. One of them is going to be called "Babel fish". I wrote down some of the lyrics:

"Babel fish is babbling and it sounds like Chinese!
A babel fish is big and a babel fish is strong!
It has a ray gun and it lives... in the... LAWN!"

"My band name is called Pine Marten Luther King," he said. "My OTHER band is Apricot Ham Lincoln Logs. One of that band's songs is called 'Cave of Skulls'."

 Cave of Skulls

"This is the cave of skulls!
Babies are yelling at you!
This is hilarious!
And you are doing push-ups!
You get to the cave of skulls!
And there is a bunch of skulls lying in a pile!"

 We'll think he'll make it big some day. Like most punk rock bands.

5 Comments:

At 5:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Why do I think all of that could have been said by a guy in his twenties?

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Baus said...

Did he really come up with those band names by himself? They're awesome. I would like to be in the AHLL band. I think I can get us a gig at the Holiday Inn, Cambodia.

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger p-roc's dad said...

Yup, those are all him! We're going to gently push him towards guitar lessons before unleashing his talent on the unsuspecting public... :)

 
At 10:55 AM, Anonymous p-roc's mom said...

And that, of course, was p-roc's mom, not dad.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous clairesd said...

And I would come and hear him play the Holiday Inn, Cambodia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home