Thursday, November 06, 2008

Trifecta

I had three whole arguments with him today, all before I left for work in the morning.

First:
P: Hey Jerah.
J: What? You don't call me that. You call me Mommy.
P: I call you Jerah.
J: No you don't.
P: Daddy calls you Jerah. And I call you Jerah.
J: Sigh.

Second:
P: Gimme that thing. What's that thing?
J: It's a safety pin.
P: I want it.
J: You can't have it, it's sharp. It's dangerous.
P: It not dangerous, it a SAFETY pin.

Third:
J (talking about something else): That was the day before yesterday, the day when we went to vote.
P: And YOU voted for McCain.
J: NO I DIDN'T... Argh.

He really knows how to get under my skin. Now if he could only translate that into a marketable skill. Maybe he'll be a lawyer when he grows up.

8 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger Jennifer Kring said...

P-Rock really is a master of semantics!! whatta a funny clever little one!! cracks me up!

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kid's got a point. Multiple points. Too smart, I say. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks! -Aunt K

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! (can you tell I work at a middle school??) I have tears running down my face. This kid is hu-larious. And way too smart for his own good. He and Ben are going to have a Socratic type conversation when you guys come out, I can see it now. I just caught up on 2 months of blogs. Awesome. This is your cousin Beth by the way, I wasn't sure about all the other options so I just chose anonymous.

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger clairesd said...

yup, better stay safe, beth. you wouldn't want to end up as "name".

Mama really doesn't know anything: it a SAFETY pin.

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger alan said...

I can't believe you voted for McCain!

 
At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's ok, Jerah. I know Park Slope had its McCain contingent.

 
At 5:53 AM, Blogger RB said...

Yeah... not everyone could vote for Obama... it was nice of you to throw McCain a little show of support.

 
At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

stop arguing with such a little guy and post some pixtures!
-the impatient graMoM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home