Saturday, May 24, 2008

I am sitting in the morning at the diner on the corner




There's this Suzanne Vega song called Tom's Diner, and the chorus goes: "duh-duh-DUH-duh, duh-duh-DUh-duh, duh-duh-DUH-duh, duh-duh-DUH-duh", or something like that. Anyhoodle, there are actually two Tom's Diners in NYC that claim to be The Tom's Diner. One of them (the one on the Upper West Side) also happens to be the diner from Seinfeld's, so I figure, it's not fair for that one to be both the Seinfeld's and the Suzanne Vega Tom's Diner.

So. I hereby unilaterally proclaim the Tom's Diner on Washington Ave. in Prospect Heights, Brooklyn, as The Tom's Diner. And here're some pictures from that diner.

5 Comments:

At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you get tired of living in one of the coolest places in the world? I wish I wasn't kinda star-struck by the feeling of NYC. I definately want to visit, but living there....
Thanks for the cool tid bits, and the cute pics of Big P.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer Kring said...

so funny for the diner wars to be fightin over the song that complains about the waiter only pourin a half cup o joe!

luv that little ditty btw

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Auntie J said...

Well, KT, it does get old living here, really. I mean, just the other day, I was riding the subway with Philip Seymour Hoffman and I was like, Philip, dahling, don't these adoring crowds just get so tiresome? Let's go get a martini before we go to the Plaza for lunch...

:) Not really. My life here is much more, um, boring than that, and full of battle of the wills over oatmeal eating and potty-training (or the total lack thereof, so far).

But would you really come visit? Please do. You too, Jen. Come stay with us. It's not the Plaza, but we can hang out in the backyard and drink martinis before lunch if we really want to.... :)

 
At 5:16 AM, Blogger RB said...

You know... I've been eating at that Tom's Diner for 4 years now... and it has never occurred to me to think of that song.

Did I miss it because it was too obvious?

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger ben said...

i second your unilateral claim.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home